Friday, February 8, 2013

The attack of the sickness!


     So my soon to be 21 month old daughter decided last thursday it would be a good time to get the stomach bug and projectile throw up all over the couch and the living room floor. I was covered, everything.. was covered. It was the first time I had to deal with a sick child that was throwing up everywhere. Of course in a panic I called my mother and had her come up to help me clean up the .. huge.. amount of puke, which by the time she had gotten there everything was cleaned and tossed in the wash to be all non-sickified (SP and is that even a word? I just made it one..). She managed to not eat anything for at least the whole day, and then I gave her a little bit of food the next day but mostly pure liquids and pedialyte, which tastes like medicine.. at least she liked it.

     She managed to get over it the next day, although I was still cautious and her poop was super runny. Sorry to be graphic, but ya know.. My husband on saturday decided he wanted to catch what my daughter had, and managed to stay in the bathroom for at least an hour before sleeping the rest of the day and the night away on the couch, curled up in the fetal position. Thankfully I wasn't sick or absolutely no one would have been taken care of that day, ha ha. No really. Sunday he was quick to get over it other than being cautious with how he ate and even though it was the Super Bowl and we did have plans to go to a friend's house, we stayed in.

     Which brings me to wednesday, the first day of my college classes. Don't get me wrong, I had a lot of fun, it's just going to be a bunch of work that I'm not incredibly used to. Essay, essay, read, read, write. No quizzes, no exams. My whole Bachelor's degree is mostly dedicated to reading and writing. It's a LOT harder than you think it is.. especially when you have to read about 6 chapters in a couple different books within a week plus have an essay and a rough draft written and ready as well as another book summarized and ready to do a presentation on it. Come on now! Although so far it's been exciting, I know it's going to be long, rough.. and simply difficult. Thankfully it's my Bachelor's and not my Associates.

    Everyone in my family so far has gotten this stomach bug, which I am avoiding them.. and sadly it's been in my house so I have a higher risk of catching it. I'm hopefully waiting until next week and if I don't get it.. maybe I'm in the clear? Ahh, who knows.

   I will soon be posting The Kids Did It blog link here on my blog so everyone can hop over there to see more of my reviews, possibly enter a bunch of awesome giveaways (Spring Fashionista Event coming up in March!).. and enjoy reading lots of other bloggers that contribute to The Kids Did It. Everyone, including the owner, are great people. Nothing like plugging a buddy!

   So of course, despite getting hit with Nemo the snow storm up here in New York, I'm staying inside and keeping warm! I have no plans of going anywhere anytime soon.. my 4 year Wedding Anniversary is on Valentine's Day (Different way of celebrating that special day, no?), and my birthday is on the 18th.. I will be 28, and I'm not liking that too much.. just another day though right?

  Well, off to bed I go. I rambled enough and got out what I wanted to say. Just remember to wash your hands, keep sanitized and make sure you bundle up and stay warm in this cold weather if you are in an area that is bitter freezing! Or just simply move south, which is what my grandparents, aunt and uncles all did.. Smart, I'd say.. Night all!

1 comments:

Blackswan said...

Thanks so much for coming by Luxury Haven! Wow, motherhood is the best part of my life! 21-mth-old is a cute age! Mine's already 18 yrs old, & I do miss those times.... Well, hope to see more of you & looking fwd to sharing our life journey etc!

Post a Comment